The price of emergency HVAC repair calls can be expensive and usually come at the most inconvenient times. There are ways to avoid pricy AC service, as well as heat pump repair. With timely proper maintenance, you can fix the issues with your system before they become serious. For that purpose, you need a reputable and reliable contractor such as B&B Plumbing, Heating & Air of Columbia SC to provide you with the quality air conditioning repair service you require.
Preventative maintenance of the HVAC system should be done in early spring, and early fall, just before the cooling and heating systems will be intensively used for the summer and winter months. This will give you enough time to repair any issues discovered. Also, HVAC repair services are typically slow at that time of the year in Columbia SC and so may be offering special deals or discounts.
Steps to follow for preventive heating system maintenance
– Make sure the thermostat is functioning properly. When you turn it on, listen for any strange sounds that might be giving a hint of trouble. If you are concerned call a repair service for assistance.
– Locate the filter in your furnace and check whether it’s clean. If it appears dirty or clogged, change it.
– Make sure the air ducts along with the returns are uncovered and free of debris as well as dirt, so that the air can move freely and the air flow is not blocked in any way.
– Check if the air flow to the outdoor unit is unrestricted, as well. Remove any grass, leaves and tree trimmings that are in proximity.
– Make sure the air conditioner or outdoor coil on the heat pump is not obstructed by leaves, yard debris and dust. Wash it thoroughly with the garden hose, but be gentle with the water pressure. If needed, repair of the heat pump should be performed.
– Ensure that the outdoor unit is sitting level. If not, it must be re-leveled. This will allow the unit to drain correctly.
– Test the electric components in the furnace to make sure they are functioning properly.
– If necessarily, oil the moving parts inside your furnace.
Steps to follow for preventive cooling system maintenance
– First step is the same as with the heating unit – test the thermostat.
– Make sure there is an adequate level of refrigerant; a low level is an indication of a leak which must be located and repaired before adding additional fluid.
– Same as with the heating unit-clean or change all filters.
– Test the electric components in the AC unit as you’ve already done with the heating unit.
– If necessary, oil the moving parts inside your air conditioning unit. If needed seek the professional assistance of AC service provider in Columbia SC.
– Clean the condenser coils and evaporator, as needed.
– Make sure the outdoor unit is free of leaves, debris and the air flow is unrestricted in the same way as with heating unit.
-Same as with the heating unit make sure the outside unit is sitting level.
Regular, preventive maintenance will help you avoid to avoid any costly emergency HVAC repair calls in Columbia SC. However, many of the maintenance tasks are beyond the comfort zone of the typical property owner, so in most cases, it is best to have a professional air conditioning repair service contractor have a look. Remember you will be saving money in the long run.